Monday, October 11, 2010

October 9, 2010 - On John Lennon's Birthday


Rowboats on the lake - hundreds on the Bethesda Terrace; but I'm ... in the woods?

Yes, everybody in New York was out this past weekend - and more than that was in the Central Park. Where does everyone come from? It seems, however, that there are still places ....

... where a little privacy can be found. Not that I was looking to butt in; I walked on and away.

Yet, it was lovely to see so many out, in the park, and on the water - in the largest city in North America.

And, on John Lennon's birthday: "Imagine all the people living life in peace."

That evening, at Summer Stage in Rumsey Field, the park screened a new documentary "LennonNYC" which all of us can see on PBS on November 22. We can then see how the city energized him, we're told - maybe as we all can be too?

It's autumn! Go out - walk - see what is new!


And I did that day myself - just by walking around the corner of E. 71st St., from Park Avenue, onto Madison as I was heading to the park ... but wow! What did I see?


It's the new Ralph Lauren store for Home and Women - where his Polo store was, remember? It officially opens this Friday, October 15, I believe. Might be worth a visit!

I have drawn a strong contrasting image, but this is New York, and I think it's all about beauty and energy - and don't forget, when people really live together, really are together .... Well, imagine ....!


No comments:

Post a Comment